American Clay Enterprises Inc. has created PlasterPlus binder, which is added to the American Clay earthen plasters, resulting in a hard, yet repairable, no-VOC finish for the cost of a high quality, zero-VOC paint job. The product is intended for commercial projects, such as health-care and hospitality facilities, universities and big-build residential.
- PlasterPlus is sold dry in 27-pound lots through select commercial distributors
- The polymer binder has no-VOCs, is mold resistant and is easy to apply.
- Product cost is as low as 38 cents per square foot for the Enjarre one-coat application system.
- Added hardness and increased ease of application.
- It does not need to be repainted for the life of the walls because the clay resists dirt and grime.
- Resistant to fading because of the natural mineral pigments.
- Suitable for economical spray-on application in one- or two-coat systems.
- Creates less than 5 percent onsite waste of material during application.
- Walls coated with American Clay plaster with PlasterPlus can be wetted and reworked after application (without adding additional binder) to achieve desired results.