RenewABILITY Energy Inc.’s Power-Pipe captures the heat from water that otherwise would go down the drain. This “recycled” heat is used to raise the temperature of incoming cold water. A 60-inch Power-Pipe System, for example, can raise the cold-water temperature from 50 F to 75 F, under equal-flow conditions. Because the incoming cold water is preheated before going into the water heater and plumbing fixtures, the water heater uses less energy to raise the temperature of the water to the desired level, which saves money and increases the effective water-heater capacity. Click here to see how the Power-Pipe works.
- The Power-Pipe heat-exchanger design features multiple coils wrapped in parallel around a central section of drainpipe, resolving the pressure-drop issue while keeping a counter-flow configuration to maximize efficiency.
- Self-cleaning design.
- All parts are brazed with food-grade silver-based alloy.
- Every Power-Pipe is individually tested to a pressure of 160 PSI (11, 03 bars) before leaving the plant.
- Model R3-60 will save up to 35 percent on water-heating costs; larger units will save more, and smaller units will save less.
- Secure, simple online ordering available for a wide range of models.
Approval, Certifications, Patents
- Patent pending
- UL listed
- Copper DWV used for the inner drain pipe is compliant with ASTM B306.
- Outer coils meet or exceed ASTM B88 standard Type L copper.
RenewABILITY Energy Inc.