Pyramic Base Coat
The Garland Co. Inc. has extended its reflective product line with an applicator-friendly base-coat solution that is durable, environmentally friendly and versatile. Pyramic Base Coat’s natural buff color allows the applicator to see where the base and finish coats have been applied, providing a fail-safe method for ensuring proper coverage. It can be applied over BUR, modified bitumen and asphalt emulsion-coated surfaces to improve the application surface for reflective topcoats, such as Garland’s Solex and Pyramic coatings.
- Pyramic Base Coat is a water-based, pure acrylic, self-curing latex polymer.
- Whether applied with a brush, roller or spray, the reflective coat can be added on top of the base coat within four to eight hours.
- Protects against UV, cracking, shrinking and surface erosion while blocking the asphalt oils from discoloring the top coat.
- The finished, highly reflective system can reduce rooftop temperatures by 50 to 80 F (10 to 27 C).
- The product contains reduced VOCs, no flammable fumes or unpleasant odors, and eliminates toxicity.
Certifications, Approvals, Patents
The entire Pyramic reflective coating product line conforms to ASTM E108 fire-rating standards.
Five years materials only
The Garland Co. Inc.