Sunflower Corp.’s Sundolier delivers indirect natural light capable of meeting general lighting needs for up to 2,500 square feet of space with less than 0.4 percent roof penetration. The solution eliminates many challenges with the design and construction of alternatives that can work in low-bay 8- to 20-foot ceilings.
- Through two-axis tracking Sundolier eliminates problems of discomfort with direct beam and hot spots in the middle of the day when the sun is directly overhead.
- Four to 12 times reduction in the number of roof penetrations and total area required by skylights.
- Sundolier is easy to integrate with electric lighting to provide a hybrid daylight/electric light system.
- One Sundolier light is greater than or equal to 1,000 square feet of space, delivering 40 to 50 foot-candles at desk level.
- Roof penetration is only 3.13 square foot per 1,000 square feet (one 2-foot round hole).
- Greater spacing between systems delivers better ROI for office and retail if lighting demands are lower.
Approvals, Certifications, Patents